SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

How do I remove the "nipple" agitator from my machine? I think

Customer Question

How do I remove the "nipple" agitator from my machine? I think there are coins in under it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Do you have the model number?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello

Customer :

580

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

model number is similar to MVWX500XW

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

located on the model stciker.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I only ask model number to make sure all info I give is correct.

Customer :

MvWV300971303

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

For the most part the small center cap 1" diameter has to be pried off. this reveals a nylon screw that can be removed to then pull up the rest of the agitator.

Customer :

MVWV300W00

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Have you removed any parts? cap, nylon screw ect?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Look HERE. It's not your model but it the same bravos machine.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Let me know what part you are stuck on. You may need a wooden spatula or a similar tool to remove that "nipple".

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I'll be here to assist if you need me.

Customer :

Will the rest of the agiter come up now?

Customer :

are you there?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

the rest of the low profile agitator should come up. You will have to be very stern with it. Sometimes you would need to remove the top deck and drum cap and use the force of pulling the inner tub out to pull on the agitator. This is only necessary in extreme conditions.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If you look at the diagram above only part group labeled 2 is needed to be removed to remove agitator.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Let me know if you are in need of further assistance. Please feel free to rate my help at any time so I can get compensated. This will in no way end the conversation or my help.