Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

When freezer defrosts water runs out on to the floor?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 2 years ago.
Welcome..I have 23 years of Experience In the Appliance Repair Field..Working directly with All Major Appliance Brands...Sorry you are having this problem..If the water is coming from under the unit..Then the catch pan is either cracked or not aligned with the drain hose...Should be a simple fix for you..Let me know what you find ..Thank you Bob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I access the drain pan to ensure it is aligned correctly or to check to see if the pan is cracked.
There should be a front bottom panel you can remove..Or a back panel ..Take a flashlight then inspect ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Found pan and put water in it with no leakage. Checked alignment of plastic guide to pan from rubber drain seems aligned. Removed rubber drain checked for blockage and retuned to nipple which drains in plastic guide to pan. How far from wall should the back of fridge be (ie insufficient circulation to evaporate pan). Fridge is perfectly level should it tilt backwards?

Great job..If this is the case then you have a blocked defrost drain..If you open the freezer door..The drain is located directly behind the INSIDE freezer wall..Once the drain becomes frozen over..When it is time for the freezer to defrost..The water is unable to drain out the drain..It then ends up on the freezer floor..Then out the door..Onto the kitchen floor..All you need to do is defrost the drain itself..You can do this by removing the INSIDE back Wall..Then use a hairdryer or hot water to clear the drain..A much simpler way is to unplug the unit over night..This way the drain will thaw..
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair