SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I have a Ge model gss25lgmabb side by side fridge. No voltage

I have a Ge model gss25lgmabb side by side fridge. No voltage to compressor. Could it be any thing other than the board? Temp switches or anything?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. The only thing it could be at this point is a failure of the board or wiring. You could ohm the wire that goes from the board to the compressor and verify it condition. Although most of the time wires don't go bad on fridges.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello

Customer:
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If found the board part number HERE if you end up needing it.

Customer:

Are there any other switches that need to be checked that may be telling board not to send voltage to compressor?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The only thing the board looks to for info is the temp sensors (thermister) and if one of those is open or shorted it will not prevent the machine from sending power to compressor. The defrost sensor is an inline brake point for voltage to the defrost heater so it also wouldn't affect the compressor voltage. Only board or wires if you have no voltage at the compresor at all and voltage to the rest of the machine (IE plugged it)

Customer:

I have checked ohms on compressor and the compressor is good. This happened a week or so ago and I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started working again. It only lasted a couple of weeks. Well If thats it I will order a board. Thanks.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sounds like its pretty cut and dry on this one.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If you don't have power at all to the compressor, and the wire on this one is really short, you'll need that board.

Customer: