John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

kenmore elite 665.16273402 seems to run OK but lots of loose

kenmore elite 665.16273402 seems to run OK but lots of loose food particles on clean dishes and in basin, as if wash cycle not draining properly.

Im John I will help you with the d/w problem.

How much water is left in the tub after a drain cycle please.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Haven't watched any intermediate cycles to know, just final result

Is it this flapper valve you checked .

Any food particles in front when the door is open ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yep, that's the valve.

Not so much on obvious food particles sitting in the basin toward the front, but the tub is routinely dirty looking and when i pull the distribution header (up the back to the top) I find fair amount us food junk lodged behind.

I would try this product after you have wiped down the inside of the tub.

Its specially made to clean all the inner parts of the water system , it works really well.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You seem to have concluded that the machine is likely OK, but just having accumulated crud. Not sure I am there yet.

A consistent thing we see is food particles in the tops of our coffee mugs. I would assume food junk is pumped around duirng the wash cycle, but then it is supposed to be pumped out when the wash cycle drains. Then the rinse cycle would be clean hot water that would flush any remains away. If that is the case, how can it be present on the mug tops? Is the rinse water recycling too so if the wash cycle drains incompletely the rinse water ends up being pretty contaminated?

The only running check I have done is to see if the arms are moving (saying the pump is putting out), but have not checked to see if drain cycles are draining fully. Any recommendations on running checks I can do to see if all looks right?

I asked you how much water is left in the tub at the end of the cycle,if you have water left in the tub I would check the drain connection at the sink and also rinse the dishes before you put them in the d/s tis will reduce the crud in the unit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ran most of a Smart Cycle. Both prewash and wash cycles drained fully. Then a purge drained fully. Now running a rinse and waiting to see, but looking mostly normal so foar.

Have kept a periodic eye on the arms during these cycles. The larger low and center arms move for all cycles, but the little guy up on the very top has not moved for either the wash or rinse cycles. Does that indicate a problem?

That upper wash arm could be clogged up, remove the upper arm and clean it out, if the lower arms turn so should the upper.

looks like its draining ok

Try it and let me know in a few days if you notice any difference please.