Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

dishwasher wont turn on, nothing lights up or beeps to start.

dishwasher won't turn on, nothing lights up or beeps to start. checked the power cord and the breaker box. the power outlet is still active.
Welcome..I have 23 years of Experience In the Appliance Repair Field..Working directly with All Major Appliance Brands...Sorry yo are having this problem..Are you able to locate the model number for me..? Thank You Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model #W10311122B
If you do have power to the dishwasher..Then you need to check power at the point where the dishwasher connects to power from the outlet of the home..This location is at the junction box under the dishwasher...Remove the very bottom kick plate..You will see a small metal box..Inside that box is where the wires are connected..There will be wire nuts that actually connect the wiring..Allot of times the connection becomes lost as the corousion builds up inside the wire nut..First check for power at that point..If ok...Then it is possible there is a main fuse on this model...Which is located inside the control area.It would need to be tested for countinuity..Like i said first check the main power at the junction box..Let me know what you find ..Thank You Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bob, I may be in over my head. I removed the kick plate and the metal box where wires are connected. everything looks really clean no signs of corrosion. I have a battery tester, but no voltage meter. other than shocking myself I don't think i can test to see if there is any juice.
Yes you will need to test it for 120volts at that point..This guarantees you do have power..THis is the only way to verify power unfortunately.