Ask AnthonysTV&Appliance Your Own Que...

AnthonysTV&Appliance
AnthonysTV&Appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 Years of Appliance and Refrigeration Repair
34633555

We have Whirlpool Gold refrigerator, Model GI7FVCXWY00. The

Customer Question

We have Whirlpool Gold refrigerator, Model GI7FVCXWY00. The refrigerator portion is warm. Freezer portion works fine. Unplugged refrigerator from 8:30 to 3:00 pm to hopefully defrost any possible clogs. Top portion still not cooling. What else can we try to resolve problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

good morning.

gst85 :

can you feel any air coming out of the vent in the fridge section?

gst85 :

open the freezer,look at the back wall tell me if you can see any frost on the wall?

Customer:

yes

gst85 :

so you do have frost

?

Customer:

no

gst85 :

ok i am going to pull up a diagram for this model.i will be back in just a few minutes.

gst85 :

can you hear the fan running in the freezer?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

Hardly any air coming from vent on ice maker. Could something be clogged in icemaker?

Customer:

which is preventing the top portion of frig to not cool?

gst85 :

you may have blockage which will cause this problem.

gst85 :

if you open the free

zer can you fell any air at the wall?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

wouldn't unplugging frig for 6.5 hrs defrost anything clogged?

gst85 :

but no air passing through the fridge.correct?

Customer:

correct

gst85 :

yes if there were any frost blocking the vent.

gst85 :

is your freezer on top?

Customer:

no, on bottom. French door frig.

gst85 :

it seems that the damper control is no opening up to allow air to pass through.

gst85 :

im looking at a diagram now.just a minute.

gst85 :

for some reason i am not able to pull up much info on this model.i will option out so that another expert can better assist you.

Expert:  AnthonysTV&Appliance replied 2 years ago.
The Damper is part of the ice maker assy
you need to remove it and replace the damper door
they do get stuck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Can you send me some instructions on how to remove it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,Ok. Can you send me some instructions on how to remove it?Are you still there?
there is a tab on the left of the ice maker pull it in and the ice maker will slide out there is a acess cover to remove under the ice maker
that will slide out to expose the wire plug
if it does not budge its frozen in place ii have had that happen too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Based on the responses to the first expert's questions, do you believe this is probably what our problem is? Also, do we need to replace the damper door or unfreeze it?
there is a motor assy attached to the door
you have to replace it
they stick and if you unfreeze it it will work but it will freeze again remeber its 0 degrees in there where its running not the refrigerator temp
I have seen the issue before

W10247377 damper door motor assy

this is a little diff design than the one i was thinking of but still works the same way except
you need to pry the little door that ice comes out of off in the front before you get to the single screw that holds all this in
it goes all the way across
once thats out remove the one screw on the right andit should slide out
UNLESS its frozen!!!

Experience: 25 Years of Appliance and Refrigeration Repair