gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

Hello, Kenmore Side by side model number 106.53562200, saw

Hello, Kenmore Side by side model number 106.53562200, saw there was a large amount of frozen water on the bottom of my freezer...decided to clean out the fridge and freezer, turn off and clean etc. Now that its clean and turned back on its not cooling, the lights all work etc. too the back panel off and the compressor is hot, fan is running, and the compressor is making clicking sounds (i am telling you this because I saw you asked someone else previously. :) ) Please help!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

good morning.

Customer:
gst85 :

so the compressor is just making a click sound but will not start?

Customer:

I think thats correct, I read earlier on a post that you should listen to the compressor and my husband said its just making a clicking sound and its hot

gst85 :

just a few minutes please while i pull up a this model.

gst85 :

i will be right back.

Customer:

Okay

gst85 :

now do you still have access to the compressor?

Customer:

yes

gst85 :

ok great,now there is a white box thats attached to the compressor.can you see it?

Customer:

yes,there is a white box with wires plugged into it, myhusband also wants me to tell you the compressor makes a click then a slight hum, then another click and then does nothing...yes he can see the white box as well

gst85 :

ok now tell him to unplug the unit.before we go any futher.

Customer:

OKay, fridge unplugged

gst85 :

ok great.now remove the white box from the compressor.it only has a clip thats keeping it in

place.

gst85 :

dissconnect the wires as well.

Customer:

OKay, working on this, our clip is not unclipping...

Customer:

Ours was help on with a zip tie, and it does not just pull off the side of the motor, feels like its attached to the motor.

gst85 :

hmm ok.it should be easy to remove.

gst85 :

take your time.

Customer:
Customer:

OKay got it, there were 3 pins it was plugged into..

Customer:

yeah

gst85 :

now shake it around,tell me if it rattles,looks or even smells burnt?

Customer:

rattles like there are rocks in it, doesnt smell burnt or look burnt...

gst85 :

just rattles.correct?

Customer:

yes..and when you shake it little pieces of gravel fall out of it, they are very tiny..

gst85 :

so that right there is going to be your problem.just a minute while i get you the part number.

gst85 :

Manufacturer Number(NNN) NNN-NNNNwww.repairclinic.com.replacing it will take care of your problem.

Customer:

smiles, okay great..

is it(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

awesome thank you a bunch!!!!!!!!!

Customer:

I will rate you excellent, this is a great service!!

gst85 :

your welcome.before you go please click on a smiley face.

Customer:
gst85 :

glad i was able to help you.

Customer:

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs