Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my kenmore electric dryer will not stay on, i push the start button and hold it in. dryer

my kenmore electric dryer will not stay on, i push the start button and hold it in. dryer starts to tumble the stops and trips the breaker.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the full model # ? look inside the door for a tag.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
mod# XXXXX XXXXXXXXX
okay you need to resend the model number with a space between each number. the entire model number didn't come through.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
mod# XXXXX 1 0 6 9 6 2 0 2 9 9 0
okay, this is very common on these dryers, the motor has failed, when you press the start button and hold it in and its stays running you are running off the start winding which overheat and trip your breaker, these are supposed to run on the run windings once the motor starts, the run winding are shot.you need to replace the motor,you can order this at the following link, they have the best warranty in the business. theres also a video link that shows you haw to replace this, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Motor/279827/2584?modelNumber=110.69622800?RCAID=1000065 thanks and best wishes, Bryan