Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Control panel lock light is on and it beeps every 10 secs or

Control panel lock light is on and it beeps every 10 secs or so , it wont let me start the dryer
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Whirlpool makes their control lock very confusing. Often times, people will look on the control panel and the control lock light will go on and they can not figure out how to unlock the control panel. They will try pressing and holding the cancel button and unplugging the washer or dryer to reset it. None of these options work. All you need to do is press and hold the end of cycle button for 3 seconds and the control panel will unlock. If that doesn't unlock your controls, then unfortunately your interface control board is just shorted and will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
held the button ,, no luck , still locked, what does a interface control board cost and is this common?
An interface control board generally costs about $250 and it is somewhat common. I assumed that this might be your issue because you said it's beeping sporadically as well and the washer should never make any sounds at all when the control lock is on.

You can try to unplug the dryer for 5 minutes if you haven't tried that---sometimes that will reset the electronics? But more than likely you'll need to replace the interface control board I'm afraid to say.