Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hello. After realizing that my water valves were not on after

Hello. After realizing that my water valves were not on after starting the washer, I unplugged it and turned on the valves. When I plugged it in again, it started to beep non-stop and the only lights on it are the 3rd and 4th washer lights and the light between spin and rinse. It will not stop beeping. Is there some way to reset it????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I'm sorry to hear your washer is having issues right now but lets see what error code you're getting so I can better assist you. The eight wash progress LEDs will show the error code. Which ones are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The lights that are on are 3, 4 and 7.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK perfect, so this is a faulty hot water valve fault. This just means that hot water isn't coming into the washer. But if you turn the washer off or unplug the washer, the error code should go away until you start a new cycle. Is the error code even going away if you turn it off or unplug the unit right now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, even if I unplug it, and wait 20 minutes and then plug it in again, it starts beeping and giving me the error code. I know that the hot water switch doesn't work, it was rerouted or something to use only cold water. I don't know exactly what the tech did. Anyway, it just will not restart...What can I do?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK then I'm really sorry to say, you just have a bad control board. These washers sometimes don't handle getting an error and the program that controls the error response is never tested because it's not a normal function of the washer. So sometimes the control board will get confused when it actually detects and error like in your case. The only way to reset the error is to unplug it which you've already tried and that didn't work. That means that your main motor relay control board on the far back right corner under the control panel is just shorted and will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.