standard appliance
standard appliance, Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 year factory certified major appliance tech
67448798

looking for a part for my kitchen aid microwave kmhs2050

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you recheck the model # ?its not comming up. is the part you need the Waveguide Cover similar to this one ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model KHMS2050SSS-2 It is not the waveguide cover but the waveguide cover shows a burn mark from this part which hangs down millimeters from the cover It appear to be a lead weight with threads inside
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
could be silver looks like a 3/4 inch bullet with screw threads inside it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it resembles the part number 10 ferrite #w10252581 but there appears to be 3 of those and this only has 2 and those look cylindrical with flat on both edges and my burnt out part is cylindrical flat on one end but bullet shaped on the other it also doesn't appear to come from the same area where I extracted the part it was just right of overhead center in the steel channel leading to the side where all the electrical parts are
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

sorry I don't know what part your looking for. I'll opt out maybe someone else knows, thanks and have a good day. Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
SmileSmileSmile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what does ferrite part do in microwave
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  standard appliance replied 4 years ago.
My name isXXXXX have been an appliance tech for more than 15 years and I will be helping you today. That part you removed is not replaceable. When that part becomes burnt chances are the magnetron is also damaged. But that is in the waveguide channel and it becomes loose and the bare metal is exposed and then the magnetron waves all get directed to the bare metal causing the burn marks. I see this happen on this model allot. You can not repair the microwave when this happens! Your best bet is to call kitchenaid and let them know your unit burnt up inside the wave guide channel. I hope this helps..
Experience: 15 year factory certified major appliance tech