DTech80
DTech80, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  3rd generation tech/owner. 12+ years of in home appliance repair service experience, over 15,000 repairs completed. Regular contributor of articles on appliance service to Marcone World Magazine.
68324021

Fisher Paykel dryer lights keep flashing will not start

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  DTech80 replied 2 years ago.

DTech80 :

Hello, I'm David. I'll be helping you solve your problem. What is the model number of your dryer?

Customer :
Expert:  DTech80 replied 2 years ago.
Your post didn't show up. could you re post the model number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DEGX1US
Expert:  DTech80 replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I am going to tell you how to put the dryer into test mode and check for fault codes.

Diagnostic Mode

Entering the Diagnostic Mode
(a) Turn the power supply to the dryer on.
(b) Press and hold the Auto Dry down button, then press the Power
button.

The dryer is now in level 0 of the diagnostic mode. After initial entry into the
diagnostic mode, the Start/Pause button operates the dryer as normal. Press
the Auto Dry up or down buttons to scroll through the fault levels.

There are several levels of diagnostics, most of which are used in
development and production. These levels may bring on various LEDs, but
the level of use for the service technician is that of the last fault.

Last Fault

To enter the last fault diagnostics, enter the diagnostic mode as described
above, then press the Auto Dry up button three times. The last fault will be
displayed on the drying progress LEDs as described on page 7.

Fault Codes

The fault code is displayed in the L.E.D.s of the Drying Progress display
portion of the display panel as shown below.

---------------------------------
Drying Progress

Drying. Damp. Dry. Extra Dry. Cool Down.

-----------------------------------

(The above represents the LED section on your control panel. Each LED stands for a number. Drying is 16, Damp is 8, Dry is 4, Extra Dry is 2, Cool Down is 1. So, for instance, if Drying and cool down are lit when in fault code mode, you have a fault code number 17)

Each L.E.D. illuminated represents a binary code. By adding up the binary
code value of the L.E.D.s that are illuminated, the fault code number can be
determined.

So go through that process and tell me what code you get, if any.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
30
Expert:  DTech80 replied 2 years ago.
Fault code 30: Lid Lock unable to lock.
Reason: The lid lock failed to lock.
Remedy: 1. Ensure the lid is closed and the tongue engaged.
2. Replace the lid lock harness. (refer to 7.5)
3. Replace the lid lock.
4. Replace the sensor module.

So it's one of the above. Are you comfortable disassembling the machine and testing components with a multimeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What does refer to 7.5 mean.
Expert:  DTech80 replied 2 years ago.
That's the section in the manual that details how to test the components. Are you comfortable disassembling the machine and testing components with a multimeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I can test ,I will be out of town until July 11. Can I still contact you when I return without added cost $$$
Expert:  DTech80 replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can. No problem. Just continue right here.