SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

my food in the fridge department is starting to freeze, I have

my food in the fridge department is starting to freeze, I have turned fridge down and still freezing, Is my fridge on the way out or is it something else?

Thanks Nicky

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. You either have a failure of the door that opens to allow freezer air into the fridge or the control board that tells it to open. Do you have a voltmeter and the skill to perform a small repair?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

With a voltmeter we could test and make sure that it's the door before you order the part. Also I'm not able to reference that model number. Do you have the whole model number printed on the machine tag in the refrigerator compartment?

Customer:

Hello, does WRN52HWG6 help. also the fridge is 13 yrs old, No we dont have voltmeter but what is the small repir, also youe dont think that the fridge is on its way out?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

That model number looks right, thanks. The small repair would be replacing the baffle (door that open to let freezer air in). Based on the fact that the machine is able to maintain cold in the freezer, I'd say that the main part (cooling system) of the unit is fine and the machine should have a more years left in it.

Customer:

What would it cost for this repair and do you have a reccomendation for such a repair?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The part should be around 45$ and the repair (in the US) could be 150$.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

And I'm sorry but I wouldn't know a company I could recommend.

Customer:

Thanks do i contact any refridgeration mechanic to perform this exercise?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Any appliance person and quite a few "handmen" could do this job in 30 minutes.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

You would just tell them that the baffle door is stuck open. without a tester you can't say 100% that it's the doors fault not the board causing it but the door fail a lot more often. Just have them do a quite volt check to confirm.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

* quick not quite sorry

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Is there any thing else you would like to know?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Let me know if you need any further help and feel free to rate my assistance anytime. That will compensate me for my time. Thanks and have a great day!

Customer:

Thankyou for your help today.