I have a thermador professional cooktop - 6 burner plus griddle. I accidentally spilled some oil onto the top surface near the burners. After cleanup, the piezo starters on those two burners don't spark. I can hear a very faint clicking. Everything appears to be dry, and the ceramic insulators are not cracked. If you light the gas, the burner works as normal. It is only the ignition that is a problem. The other 4 burners operate as normal.
Type of Appliance: Stove
cleaned and dried cooktop
examined with magnifier
listened and compared to other burners
lit with match to make sure gas was flowing and could be modulated
Hello and thank you for using this service. What has happened is the spill has saturated the insulated wiring for the spark electrodes. The wiring to the electrodes and most of the unit is a fabric coated wiring. If it gets wet or oily it soaks it up and the spark conducts to the frame through the wires to the electrode instead of to the electrode itself. You would nee to get at the wiring and dry it all out really good or replace the saturated sections depending on how oily or wet it got. You may want to leave it overnight or turn the oven on to a higher temperature for awhile it sometimes will dry out the wires enough by itself doing that. Then it will work again.
Over 15yrs experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.