John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Hello. I have a whirlpool refrigerator. Noticed today that

Customer Question

Hello. I have a whirlpool refrigerator. Noticed today that it is no longer getting cold. The ice is also falling through the ice chute as it melts. What could be the problem? Model GC3PHEXNS03. Ser # SS5268507. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service.

Check and see if the freezer fan is running and blowing air. Also pull the unit out and see if the compressor and fn next to the compressor is running. You will have to remove the panel behind the unit to look at the compressor. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,Fans are not working
Ok of neither fans are working then it sounds like it is dead. Is the compressor quiet and cold to the touch....That is the large black ball shaped object behind the unit. Also just to clarify the fan nect to the compressor is not running either.