Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

Frigidaire window air conditioner LRA157MT1just bought- unit

Customer Question

Frigidaire window air conditioner LRA157MT1just bought- unit will turn on, but not stay running. All lights flash... What is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon Grella : Is the outlet that the unit is plugged into grounded?
Jon Grella : Sometimes of the outlet can not support the ac voltage it will stop and fail on you. Is there any error codes that come up in the display?
Customer:

Outlet is grounded.

Jon Grella : Please get back to me with those answers and I will tell you what to do. Although this is still covered under original manufacterer warranty, I would not recommend you do much to this machine. I would hate to see you void the warranty. And in that case you would be responsible or the repair. Otherwise, frigidaire will cover everytimg. So it may be best to call them in and fix it for you free of charge.
Jon Grella : What is displayed in the LCD?
Jon Grella : And what lights flash?. All of them?
Customer:

NO codes.

All lights flashingamd making a beeping sound.

Jon Grella : Ok. Let me check out the manual. Be right back
Jon Grella : Ok got it.
Jon Grella : Thanks for waiting
Jon Grella : When the lights flash and the unit stops does the more or fan continue to run or no? The machine stops completely?
Customer:

stops completely

Jon Grella : What temp is the machine set to and what mode is it in?
Customer:

72 - fresh out of the box

mode - cool

Jon Grella : Aout how long after hitting the start or power button to turn on does it fail for you? Just seconds or minutes or hours later?
Jon Grella : Sometimes when this happens the thermostat on the control board will fail and pick up that the room temp is cooler them the set temp on machine and stop
Customer:

less than 2 minutes

our room is hot now....

Jon Grella : Ok. Then you have a bad control and thermostat in the control. Unfortunately it is common to go bad in these machines. They had a bunch go out of factory like tis a few months back.
Jon Grella : It is recommended that you call frigidaire directly to have them replqce the unit or board at no charge to you.
Jon Grella : Do you need their number?
Customer:

Unit will not shut off. It just keeps flashing and beeping.

Well this is the 2nd one we bought today...

Jon Grella : Sorry. I know it is unfortunate. And on a hot hot day I am sure?
Jon Grella : It is funny now these things happen like that right?
Jon Grella : At least we have t look at it like that
Jon Grella : Try to stay positive
Customer:

yes. please give us their number.

and not too funny!!!!

Jon Grella : Sorry....
Jon Grella : Frigidaire customer support number 1(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>
Jon Grella : Call them and they will take care of everything. Just have your model and serial number of the unit ready when calling them.
Jon Grella : This is the quickest and cheapest way for you to get this machine fix or replaced.
Jon Grella : If you don't need anything else, please rememeber to rate my performance below with at least a got the job done rating so that I can get credit for helping you today.
Jon Grella : And if toy still have more questions please just hot the reply button and continue chatting with me and I will help you more.
Jon Grella : Please don't hit bad rating if you feel that I have not helped you enough. Just reply back to me here and I will help you more.
Jon Grella : Thanks.
<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

Do they have 24 hour service? We really need to get this taken care of.

Customer:
Jon Grella : Let me find out for sure but I don't think so.
Jon Grella : No I am sorry 8-8 pm mon thru sat. Est
Customer:

ok

thanks for your help

Jon Grella : But if you call the number ams speak with a customer rep they will get some one out to you ASAP. And maybe the company they get to you can have 24 hours service. But we will not know that until you call them.
Customer:

ok

we are trying to call now

Jon Grella : Ok. But they will be closed now it is after 8 pm est. you may have to try them on Monday morning.
Customer:

got message to call Lowe's

that is where we bought them both

Customer:

plan to return this tomorrow and try a different store / brand

any recommendations?

Jon Grella : If there is nothing else I can help to with please remember to rate my perfrpmance below now. Befor eyou log out. And remember if toy need more help after rating I can still help you for no additional charge.
Jon Grella : Yes. Try either lowes or p.c. Richards and stick with whirlpool or freidrich or fedders for ac units. They are the best and I tend to se the least amount of repairs with those manufacturers.
Jon Grella : If it is a window ac you are looking for it would run you about $200-$400 depending on the btu's
Customer:

All Lowes had was Frigidaire.

May try Sears.

Jon Grella : Really. That is odd. I guess everyone else got the good ones. That is why the frigidaire models where left
Jon Grella : Sears is good. Try them and see what they got.
Customer:

Ok. It has been very hot and huid here, so supply is low in this area.

We will give you a good rating.

Jon Grella : You might what to preselect and see what they have online at their website now. Tis way first thing in the morning you can go and get one.
Jon Grella : Thank you it is much appreciated
Jon Grella : If you need anything else please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.
Jon Grella : Thanks again
Jon Grella : It looks like you still have not rated my performance yet. Is there something else I ca help you with? If not, please rate my performance below now with at least a got the job done ratimgso so that I can get credit for helping you.
Jon Grella : Thanks again.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the positive rating and feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

Should you need any more help get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.