Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

RA hg

Customer Question

ref.stay warm compressor dont kick in
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.

Jon Grella : Hello
Jon Grella : What is the full model number of the ref?
Jon Grella : It can be found on a sticker in the inside of the ref cabinet. On the side wall. Please post back here with the full model number.
Jon Grella : Thanks
Jon Grella : If the compressor is not coming on do you hear a clicking sound every couple of minutes coming from the starter on the compressor?
Jon Grella : And how long has the compressor not been starting and the machine been warming up on your?
Jon Grella : Do you have the model number of this machine? And the answers to my questions above?
Jon Grella : I can help you diagnose the problems with this machine if you have ten minutes. Then I can determine if it will be worth it for you to fix or not. Or even of the machine is covered under warranty. And in that case maytag will cover the cost of parts.
Jon Grella : Pare you there?
Jon Grella : Sorry I meant are you there?
Jon Grella : Can you see my questions?
Jon Grella : If the compressor is not starting feel to see how hot it is. If it is burning up them that I snot good. You may have a bad compressor or if the fan just beside the compressor is not running then you have a bad condenser fan motor. And that would be the problem.
Jon Grella : If the comrpressor is cold and not running do you hear the clicking sound I am referring to above?
Jon Grella : This is the starter of the compressor and it is falling to start the compressor. If this has been yapping only for a few days them the compressor is most likely good and all you ned
Jon Grella : Sorry
Customer :

comp warm not hot, fan come on

Jon Grella : All you need to do is replace the starter. But of this has been happen for several months then the compressor is probably too far gone and needs to be replaced.
Jon Grella : Hello
Jon Grella : There
Jon Grella : What is the full model number of the unit?
Jon Grella : When you felt the compressor to se that it was warm was it vibrating? And was the condenser fan running the whole time the compressor was on and finally how dirty is the condenser coils?
Jon Grella : If the could are dirty almost blanketed with dirt then that will casie the compressor to over heat and give you bad temps
Jon Grella : Are you there?
Jon Grella : I am not seeing your responses
Jon Grella : If the compressor is running and is warm but the condenser fan is not always running then that is the problem. Or if the condenser coils are overly dirty then that is the problem.
Jon Grella : Please get back to me and let me know what you found and with the model number and I can help you more.
Jon Grella : Thanks
Customer :

hello are u there ?

Customer :
Jon Grella : I am here
Jon Grella : Sorry for the Delay
Jon Grella : Site is slow today
Jon Grella : Did you see m responses?
Jon Grella : It seems we are having issues with the live chat feature. Can you see how I responded?
Jon Grella : If the compressor is running and is warm but the fan is not running that is the problem
Jon Grella : If the fan is running but running slowly or on and off then that again is the problem
Jon Grella : But if th fan is ok and the condenser coils are blanketed with dirt then that is the problem. Not enough cool air is being distributed and cooling off the compressor and is causes in
Jon Grella : Sorry
Jon Grella : Causing the comoressorOr
Jon Grella : Sorry again stupid auto spell
Jon Grella : Causing the compressor to overheat and give you higher then normal temps.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
I am still here for you.

It seems the live chat feature was not functioning correctly tonight. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just look at what I had posted above and get back to me here when you are ready to look at this machine again. And I will help to more.

Please don't give unfair feedback or rating if the site was the issue. And not my answer to you.

Just get back to me here when you are ready and I will help you more.

Thanks. And I look forward to hearing back form you soon and helping you fix this machine in the quickest and cheapest way possible.

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we were not able to comunicate, i realy needed help at the time i sign in. was not able to . whent and purchese new ref. next day. the item was going bad. plz. i would like to have a refund to my credit card, and i am so sorry you were not able to help. i dont hold this against you. the internet service very bad.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
No worries. I understand completely.

But the only charge to your credit card was the deposit to get the question listed. To have a refund on that you would have to email customer support atXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.

Just explain the issue and they will give you a full refund. If you have any troubles get back to me here and I will see what I can do about getting you a refund.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is there anyway i can change my rateing (feedback)?

Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Yes. If toy would like to rate better I will send you the link. But please remember the rating is just for how I helped you. Not any reflection of the company and the website. So if I send the link or if you just rate below it is for me and if you give bad rating or anything before got the job done it is a bad reflection on my feedback. And I don't feel I deserve that since it was the website at fault here.

If you would like to leave me positive feedback and rating just rate me with at least a got the job done rating below. And if you have more questions please just hot reply and I will continue helping you for no additional charge.

Thanks.