Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

I have a 06-1999 model 106.69202990. Kenmore cold spot freezer

I have a 06-1999 model 106.69202990.
Kenmore cold spot freezer on top

Periodically waterdrips onto the top shelf in the frig out of the plastic housing that is in the middle of the frig. Settings seem normal, no loss of temperatures, have adj setting and they seem to work. I get a 8x8x2 in pyrex dish every several weeks.

Where should I start with the search for a solution.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 4 years ago.

This is actually a fairly common issue and a straight forward repair. There is a small defrost drain line inside the freezer behind the back panel that is blocked. Instead of the defrost water going down the hole like it should the water is coming through the vent and dripping onto the shelf. You would need to remove the back panel inside the freezer chip the ice away clear the hole with hot water and install this small heater. click here for heater the heater comes with instructions. You simply clamp the probe around the cal rod heater under the evap and put the screw through it to hold it tight and your done problem solved.