Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

my ge refrigerator quit making ice. model #GSS25IFPA WW. the

my ge refrigerator quit making ice. model #GSS25IFPA WW. the water still works at the dispensor but it appears there is no water going into the ice tray. shortly before it quit making ice, it was leaking water over a white plastic flipper looking device under the ice tray. that finnally stopped but so did the ice maker. can you help? Paul
Hello and thank you for using this service.

It sounds like you have a defective icemaker. What you need to do is turn the icemaker off for a few sesconds and then turn it back on. See if the fingers start to rotate on the unit or if water tries to fill. If it does not rotate nor tries to fill replace the icemaker assembly. Here is a link to it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i turned it off for over a minute and nothing. I was afraid it was the ice maker itself. thank you for your time and effort.
If there is nothing replace it, Here is a great deal on a new one...all I ask is that you leave me feedback....thanks!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The model # XXXXX the icemaker is WR30X10012. Below that is CAV13. Is this the same model as the replacement you are linking me to?
Yes that is an old number the new part Number is XXXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for all your help!
No problem