Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

I Have a Ge Adora washer Model # XXXXX XXXXX the rubber

I Have a Ge Adora washer Model # XXXXX XXXXX the rubber boot had a rip in it so i replaced it and i tried running a small load and all it does is try's to drain when there is no water in it. it don't fill with water or spin left or right the door locks,then the pump comes on for a few min the it unlocks any suggestions on whats wrong
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. First go ahead and unplug the washer for 3 minutes and the try to run the washer again. Also, because of the rip did water leak inside the washer at any time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes water did
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay, let's go ahead and try unplugging the washer for 3 minutes then try to run it again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i unplugged it do i need to put cloths in it or just run it empty
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Just run it empty, turn it on like you have clothes and see if it now starts to even fill with water.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its doing the same thing. when i pressed start the door locked after a min the pump kicked on the tub did not rotate to the left or right like it used to and it didn't fill with water
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay, was it doing this before you replaced the door gasket?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes but is was off and on i eventually got it to run but was having trouble with door lock working but don't seem to have that issue now previsoly it was stopping in the middle of cycle.
now the pump runs for about 5 min the door unlocks and the start light is flashing like u r starting a new cycle this is what its doing now
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay, last question, can you change cycles and selections on the front panel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it is working like normal
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.

Okay and I am sorry to say that you have a bad main control board. This is the board that controls everything. It is located in the front left bottom of the washer. I am sending you a link to a diagram and the board is #260 on the diagram. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/GE-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-WHDVH626F0WW/0432/0153200/G6090506/00002?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you know how much this past costs
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
I have checked several sites and the average cost is $225 plus s/h.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome and again sorry about the bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
one last thing could a bad or malfunching door lock cause this
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.

No because the door lock has no control over the drain pump. If the door lock was bad it would not drain at all.

Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.