Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

My GE GSD4500 dishwasher has worked great for several years

My GE GSD4500 dishwasher has worked great for several years until just the past few days. Now suddenly dishes on the bottom are not clean, especially mixing/serving bowls and utensils, and small food particles are left at the bottom of the dishwasher and bottom inside of the door. I don't have an air gap to clean out, but it sounds like the same symptoms. I've never had to pre-rinse anything that's not sticky before, but now I have to thoroughly rinse everything before running the dishwasher. Any ideas I can try?
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

make sure the hot water is set to 120 to 140 degrees and go to walmart, home depot or sears and buy some dishwasher magic or affresh (dishwasher magic is the best) and run though the dishwasher at lease 2 to 3 times and it will clean the filters, spray arms, pump and hoses and this will clean it out and it will work fine
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ha ha! Here's what we found. A small, white coffee cup had fallen into the bottom of the dishwasher. It blended with the dishwasher, so we didn't find it until we looked closely to see if filters, etc. were dirty. We'll be more careful about how we load the dishes from now on!
We went ahead and got the dishwasher magic anyway, and our dishes are actually shinier than they have been for a while, so thanks for the good tip.