Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

F comes up on both ends of screen. Will not fill with water

F comes up on both ends of screen. Will not fill with water or start
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist:
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still waiting for an answer. Model of dishwasher is an LG Intello. What else would you like to know? , Still waiting for an answer. Model of dishwasher is an LG Intello. What else would you like to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, would still like an answer. Dishwasher is an LG Intello. What information would you like?
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized lg service tech and I can help you today.

I am sorry you had to wait until to get a response. Sometimes it is difficult to find the right expert for your machine.

What is the full model number found just inside the machine? There should be a model sticker that is located just inside the machine on the side wall closest to the door. Can you please let me know the model and serial numbers from that sticker? Thank you.

And if your machine is not fillin with water at all is the dish registering an error code? And if it is, what is the error code?

I can help you run through the diagnostic steps on this machine to determine the problem and then tell you the steps you need to take to fix the problem.

Please get back to me here and i will help you more.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Model No is LD-4050W
P/no 3850ED3009R
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
First you need to make sure that you have your water supply to the dishwasher turned on. If you do, and the machine is still not filling, we can check power to the fill valve. If you have 120 volts to the fill valve, during a fill cycle, and your dishwasher is not filling with water, you have a bad fill valve. If you don't have full voltage to the fill valve, you need a new computer. Also check your float switch. Inside your tub is a round circular switch that will float up when the machine is filling with water. The float switch acts as a safety so that the machine doesn't overfill with water. Sometimes the float switch can get stuck in an up position and cause the machine to not fill with water. So just pull up and then push down gently on the float switch and you should hear the clicking of the switch. If you hear the clicking, you're good, if you don't then you need a float switch. Check that and then get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Water is on pressure seems normal. I can't check the voltage nor can I find the rouind switch is it under the filter. The pump comes on briefly 4 times then OE comes up on the r/h side of screen replacing F ,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,Water is on pressure seems normal at tap. I can't check voltage nor can I find the round switch is it under the filters. When switched on the pump tries to come on 4 times the OE comes up on r/h side of screen in place of F
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Water is on pressure at tap seems normal. I can't check the voltage nor can I find the round switch is it under the filters. The pump tries to come on 4 times then OE comes up on the r/h side of screen in place of F
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Oe is for the operational error. Just means the computer is trying to run the machine and it is not working.

To properly check this machine to determine if the water valve is at fault we would need to check it with a volt meter. If you can do that then I would suggest calling in a service company to check the machine. I don't guess at the problems you are having and just let to replace a part that you may not need. That would be a waste of money and time.

The dome for the float switch is in the tub of the machine. Usually towards the front of the machine. Close to the door. It looks like a round plastic piece that sticks up from the floor of the tub. If toy pull up on it and hear the click it is good. But if you don't, then it is bad.

If the float is bad the computer will not send power to the fill valves and let water come into the machine. The float switch is what prevent s the machine for overfilling and flooding out. So if the float switch is bad the machine will not know how water to fill the tub with.

Get back to me here if you need more help. Otherwise, if you feel that I ahve answered your question please remember to rate my performance below with a better them got the job done rating so that I can get credit for helping you. But if you feel that I don't deserve that kind of rating just reply back to me here and I wiL continue helping you for no additional charge unit you feel that I have helped your enough.

Thanks.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean the drain pump is trying to come on or the wash motor pump?

If the machine si stuck in a drain cycle then it will not fill with water either. But you didn't mention before that the mine wasn't draining. So if the machine is draining fine previously then that is not your issue. The no fill is
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.