Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

RA-ScE

Customer Question

Our oven wont stop beeping!!!!?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 4 years ago.

What is the make and model number? Also is there an error code that flashes with the beeps?

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We just moved in just says ge pro series and no codes came up
Open the door and look on the frame for a white/silver sticker. The sticker will have the model and serial number on it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No model number
Does this oven have a drawer on the bottom that pulls out? If so, check on the frame down there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Fgflmc55gcc
Ok perfect thank you very much for getting the model number. Ok now that I know which range were working on I can see the possibly issues with the range. First thing first turn the breaker off for 2 minutes or unplug for 2 minutes. Unplugging the unit will reset the fault most times. In the event that the unplug/breaker trick does not work, the controller and overlay would need to be replaced because its shorted for one reason or another. You can change the controller out yourself its actually very straight forward. The unit needs to be pulled out and the upper back panel removed to gain access. Once inside all connections are plug and play type. You can purchase the part locally from sears or from the link below.

Controller link click here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We tried every breaker did not work I pulled the only plug I could find and it has been two mins and still beeping
Ok perfect that only means one thing the controller is bad and needs to be replaced to solve this issue. Unfortunately you will need to order and replace the controller to solve this issue friend. If you are fairly handy, you can make this repair yourself. You can purchase the parts needed below. You would need number 20 and 20a to fix this issue.

Click here for parts
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
But it is still beeping
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
, But it is still beeping
Unfortunately you will need to unplug or flip the breaker off until you have the controller.
Let me know if you have any more questions? I would be more than happy to help you in any way I can? The repair is actually very straight forward. Please rate my answer again I'm more than willing to help you in any way I can?