SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I have a all freezer Viking unit that continues to form ice

I have a all freezer Viking unit that continues to form ice and icicles throughout

DFFB304
090905G-0-47
i have had an overlay sleeve kit installed and have had the door seal replaced
Any suggestions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Is all the moisture in the cabinet even or is there a location that is heaviest?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The ice is forming due to warm air entering the machine. If there is a heavy amount in one are we can trace it down. If not you can try and remove the shelves and evaporator cover (in back) and check all the wire and tube holes in the cabinet for leaks in the sealant around the holes. There has been an upgrade to some model/serials of this unit due to a door hinge issue so its possible that you need that and the door isn't closing. You can check the door gasket with a piece of paper.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

How can I help you more?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I am more than happy to continue to assist you until you are satisfied. I have to start somewhere...

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I'll be more than happy to answer any specific question you may have about this issue, I have been doing Viking warranty work for many years now and know the products very well. However I cannot help if you are unable to chat about the issue and answer some troubleshooting questions. Let know what info you would like. Regards, Sam

Customer:

test

Customer: Now I can reply. The frost is on the top of the door
Customer: The frost is limited to the top of the door
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX see you were able to get the chat. I guess there were some technical problem. Sorry for any inconvenience. Regarding the frost at the top, you stated before that you replaced the gasket and overlay. Behind the overlay is the large s shaped hinge. This hinge can be loosened up top behind it and adjustments made to the depth of the top. There are four bolts to be loosened and you would need 2 people and a socket with a 4-6' extention to get to the bolts to tighten when the door is closed back for the final tighten. As stated before Viking ha shad some issues with these hinges and you may want to call them to see if you are under a recall. It would depend on your serial number. If that were the case they would have top remove the door fro that so they would adjust when they re-installed. Just a thought, otherwise you can adjust the door yourself. Let me know how I can help further and feel free to rate my help at any time. Thanks, Sam

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman