Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

Our kitchen aid dishwasher wont start. There are lights on

Our kitchen aid dishwasher won't start. There are lights on the control panel but when I push normal and then start it doesn't. For a few weeks now it would only start 50% of the time but when I would retry it it would. Now it won't.
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue.

Tim Alan :

Can you please post the complete model number of your unit, that should be found on a tag inside the unit on the left hand side.

Tim Alan :

So the unit doesn't start after pressing the start button? Do the lights just go out after a few minutes when the unit does not start?

Customer:

kudso1flss6

Tim Alan :

Do the lights just go out after a couple minutes of pressing the start?

Customer:

I press "normal"and the light goes on and then I press "start" and close the door, nothing happens. When I open the door, the light next to "normal" is still on.

Tim Alan :

When you press the start button does the normal light blink?

Customer:

no

Tim Alan :

Ok the user interface, which consists of all the buttons is probably bad, the ribbon that connects between the user interface and the control could also cause that too.

Customer:

What do I do?

Tim Alan :

To check that turn the power off to the unit and remove all the screws from the inside portion of the door, disconnect the ribbon at both ends and clean it real good and check for burn marks or broXXXXX XXXXXnes in the ribbon

Tim Alan :

if the ribbon looks good then replace the control any burn marks on the ribbon then replace that too.

Tim Alan : Interface

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNNthis is the part number for the user interface which has all the buttons and lights on it

Customer:

How do I find parts?

Tim Alan : Tail

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNNand this is the ribbon that connects the 2 controls

Tim Alan :

Sears parts direct has them

Tim Alan :

Appliance parts pros

Tim Alan :

Appliance zone

Customer:

Thanks!

Tim Alan :

or type in appliance parts in your browser to bring up your local listings

Tim Alan :

These are common parts and most appliance parts stores will have them

Tim Alan :

Your welcome, and thank you

Tim Alan :

If you need any further assistance just let me know

Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service