Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Ive got a kitchenaid dishwasher...Model KUDK01ITBLO. The top

I've got a kitchenaid dishwasher...Model KUDK01ITBLO. The top rack isn't getting clean at all. The bottom rack is washing just fine. Is there a seperate pump that runs preasure to the top rack? What should I be looking for to fix?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The recirculation pressure is reduced because the chopper is likely plugged. The video below will show you how to access it and replace it if necessary. I have also included a link to the part for your convenience.

Chopper <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE PART

Repair Video <----= CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO

Rating my answer "OK or better" is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know before rating my answer. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.
Bonuses are not mandatory but are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it better if I order a new chopper or is there a good chance the that it is just clogged? Is kitchenaid parts made by whirlpool?

Please advise...

Robert

I would probably inspect it first because you may find only the filter before the chopper is plugged. If the chopper itself is plugged, replace it. Whirlpool makes Kitchen Aid, it is their high end line. The motor pump assembly is the same, though.