Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service

The ice maker on my supurba refrigerator (Model # XXXXX)

The ice maker on my supurba refrigerator (Model # XXXXX) has stoped making ice since the last time the in door storage bin was emptied. The bin is properly seated in the door, The optical sensor appears clear.
The light sensor light on the outside of the door is dark. The light sensor inside the frige blinks, ( two short blinks and a long pause). The inside switch is on. Is there anything a user can do short of a service call to get it started again?
Yes you can do a couple things. First thing is check the fill tube that distributes water to the ice maker. Sometimes those ice up and can be cleared by using a hair dryer if plugged up. Sometimes the control itself may need to be reset and you can do that by unplugging the unit or turning the breaker off for 5 minutes. When power is restored the ice maker should begin a cycle in 3.5 minutes, open the door after waiting for the 3.5 minutes and see what the ice maker is doing and what the blinking light is doing also. So check the fill tube for blockage and do the ice maker reset and see what happens. If it does not cycle or fill with water when the fill tube is clear then you have a component failure. If you need any further assistance just let me know.