Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My stove top had an error message "FC" and kept beeping. I

My stove top had an error message "FC" and kept beeping. I finally turned off the breaker. The beeping has stopped, but the oven door is stuck in "cleaning" mode, with the door opened. I can't get any of the buttons to work, except the time and to turn off cleaning mode (which didn't open the closure hook). Can this be repaired? If so, how much would it cost? Thanks.
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

are you sure it is FC?

may i have the model number?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it was FC and I looked it up on line and it said it stood for "fauly connection." I don't know the model number since it's not anywhere on the top of it; I would have to pull it out of the wall to find out.
here is what the FC means

FC Communication error among boards Wiring harness or power relay board

so if non of the buttons works then its the relay board or also known as the control board and you will need the model number in order to get one but you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you when you get the model number
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I figured as much and was wondering if it is worth fixing...should I call a local repair shop and ask how much the board would be and how much for someone to replace? Just trying to decide if it's worth fixing...thanks.
i cant tell you if to repair or replace but the board most of the times cost about $250 and if you were to get someone to come out to replace it then your looking at another $125 ,, so you will be looking about $350 to $400 to repair it ,, sorry for the bad news
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well that's not so bad when you consider the cost for a new one. Thanks for your help!
Glad i could help you with your problem so please leave me a positive rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces for me before you leave for my time and knowledge ,, thanks