Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My whirlpool duet washer will not start. The cycle selector

My whirlpool duet washer will not start. The cycle selector light is blinking and not staying on a steady light when the cycle is selected (like the dryer does). I unplugged it for 15 minutes to see if it would reset (it didn't). I unplugged the power cord and it still will not start.
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

may i have the model number and try this first ,, press and hold the end of cycle button for 10 seconds and tell me if it will unlock the control panel
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model: GHW9100LW1

After trying what you stated, it says "control locked".

ok ,, go ahead and unlock it ,, thanks ,, when you try to start the unit does the door lock shut and does it show any error codes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Door does not lock and no error code is shown.
this is why it will not start and only blinks, the door lock assembly is bad and has to be replaced, the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhich cost about $60 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, here is a video to show you how to replace it ,, thanks and have a great day

click here for the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2cFmKJZY0M