SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Hi. I have a Bosch B20Cs81SNS/02 side by side refrigerator/freezer

Hi. I have a Bosch B20Cs81SNS/02 side by side refrigerator/freezer that stopped making ice several months ago and the ice maker area is actually warm. Now, the freezer is not freezing food solidly and the contents of the fridge are merely cool and not cold. I also noticed a buildup of frost on the back inside of the freezer on the second shelf below the ice maker. I bought this unit in Sept. 2010 and would have though it would last longer than this. Any suggestions? Thank you!

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this.This is a case of a stalled or failed freezer fan motor or failed defrost heater. When you close both door switches/doors, do you hear a fan going or trying to go in the freezer, i.e any noise?

Customer: no, and i've noticed the little fan behind the ice maker is never running
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry for the delay.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

That fan is notorious for failing on this odel, I have replaced several recently. I'll get you the part number right now.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The part number from Bosch is 601067. It will fix the temp and the icemaker. you will need to defrost all the ice with a hair dryer when you put the fan in.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

You can buy the part from sears HERE!

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Let me know if you need any further assistance. Thanks, Sam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Your answer fixed the problem! Thank you so much!!! I do not have any additional questions. I did rate and accepted the answer as excellent. Just an FYI, I have made a vow to never buy anything from Sears again so I used centralapplianceparts.com. The part was less expensive, the shipping was less expensive and I received it in only two days. It was a much more satisfying transaction than what I have experienced with Sears and saved a few dollars in the process :)
Glad to help, I'll keep the central website on file for future recommendations. Thanks, Sam