Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I need help diagnosing a F51 error on a whirlpool Cabrio washer

I need help diagnosing a F51 error on a whirlpool Cabrio washer model # XXXXX
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The meaning of the F51 Error is listed below.

F51 Motor RPS Failure F then 51 flashes when there is a motor rotor position sensor
(RPS) failure.

Basically what this means is the sensor may be dirty or bad. Below I have included a copy of the tech sheet for this machine, If you carry out test #3 on page 4 this will give you the problem and the corrective actions needed.

Click here to download the tech sheet

The sensor is part 20 on the schematic below.

Rating my answer "Got the Job Done" or higher is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know before rating my answer. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.

Hi David,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,