SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

We have the word ERROR 121 displayed on the cooker control

We have the word ERROR 121 displayed on the cooker control panel and don't how to
bypass it? Can you help us?

Peter
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Do you know the model, serial and manufacturer? Thanks

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello!

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Do you know the model number or manufacturer?

Customer:

It's a Bosch digital cooktop and oven with no model number on it?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The model number would be on a sticker on the bottom, under the cabinets.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I am a bosch factory service tech, so I am familiar with the products but will need the model to get the right error code.

Customer:

Tha model No. is HES246U/01

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it up right now.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

This is a failure of one of the touch keys on the display. You can try to power the unit off, clean the surface of the keys (with very little water) wait 5 minutes and power on. If that does not work the touch panel will need to be replaced.

Customer:

We need to use the oven right away, our children are waiting for their dinner!

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Try the power off trick and see if that works. Otherwise there isn't any fix without parts. Sorry.

Customer:

Do you mean tapping the 'off' display. We have done this many times and nothing happens?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I mean unplug or turn off at the breaker.

Customer:

It's plugged into the wall behind the appliance, but I will try to find the breaker.

Customer:

Tha did it! Thanks for your help.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Glad to help!

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman