SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman

I HAVE A AMANA SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERTOR THAT THE EVAPORATOR

I HAVE A AMANA SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERTOR THAT THE EVAPORATOR FAN WASN'T RUNNING. HAD 115 V AT MOTOR ,REPLACED MOTOR . NEW MOTOR DIDN'T RUN SO I PUT ANOTHER NEW MOTOR IN AND IT DIDN'T RUN AND I STILL HAVE 115 V AT THE MOTOR. I AN SURE THE (2) NEW MOTOR ARE BAD.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Do you happen to have the model number of the unit? Also, are you sure it was 115vac?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MODEL#SSD25N2W MFG#P1181318WW AND YES IT WAS 115 VAC
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I can help you with this. When you were checking voltage did you check across Line voltage to neutral or line voltage to ground? Did you check the ohms on the motor? What part number did you put it? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I CHECKED LINE TO GROUND . NO I DID NOT CHECK THE OHMS ON THE MOTOR COIL .I DON' T NO THE PART #
I found the correct number as C8891605. It sounds like you have an open neutral? The 120v has to return for AC to work. I would check Line to neutral at the fan to check. That is the only way a good fan wouldn't work. Or you have the wrong fan.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THERE IS ONE LINE WIRE AND GROUND WIRE CONNECTED TO THE MOTOR AND THE FIRST MOTOR BAD.SO IF THERE IS THE RETURN WIRE?
The motor has 2 or three wires. 2 means line and neutral.3 means line, neutral and ground. Either way you should always check line to neutral. If you have checked that and you have 120 then there are only two options. One is a bad or incorrect fan. The other is that you have a very loose connection on the line or neutral wire and you are getting voltage but no current. You would need to track both wires to the board to verify. By the laws of electricity, these are the only two possibilities (unless your meter is broken).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THE PART # XXXXX IS IT A AMANA # ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is ohms reading on the fan coil?
I don't have access to the exact reading of the fan but is should be in the area of 40k. What you are looking for is open or shorted as a sign of trouble. The part number is XXXXX searspartsdirect.com and is the factory recommended part.
Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman