SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman

thermador hood vent mod. #hs30bs .customer caused a short when

thermador hood vent mod. #hs30bs .customer caused a short when changing the light bulbs that blew the circutboard # XXXXX i replaced the board but now the fan speed light continously blinks and most of the time if unit is off and the halogen light is turned on the fan also comes on

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. The problem is that the light transformer was ruined in the short and has most likely ruined the new board now. You will need to replace the transformer pn 487484 and then see if you need another board. I have ruined several new boards my self and it is never fun. This transformer connections may be soldered in so be prepared for that. Let me know if I can further assist. Thanks, Sam