Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 1 dishwasher that is leaking

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 1 dishwasher that is leaking from the fill fitting on the left hand side. the water runs out of the vent holes in the fitting during the fill cycle. Can this fitting be bad?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, Can you get me the full model number so i can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The only number I can find anywhere on it was on the edge of the door. That is(NNN) NNN-NNNN I have been all over the machine top, bottom, front, and back. That number and the whirlpool service phone number are the only ones I can find.
open the door and look on the side walls for a tag, there should be one inside.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
DU1055XTSB2
okay thats it ! Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a few minutes to type my answer and if you have questions about the answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" when I send it.
on this diagram can you tell me where the water seems to be comming from ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is coming out fo the two square vents on the front and back of that part just below the top.
okay you need to replace the inlet fill spout. Sears has this in stock for $20.00 at the following link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/W10195536/0022/665&pathTaken=partSearch&blt=14&prst=0&shdPart=W10195536 thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks again for the help Bryan. I got the new part installed last night. It no longer gushes out like it did, but it still runs out a few drops when the fill cycle starts up. Any thoughts on how to prevent that?
sounds like your water pressure could be a little high. try turning g the valve down a little under the sink and see if that helps.