Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my washer has trouble code FL. I was told theres a cord to

my washer has trouble code FL. I was told there's a cord to pull in the detergent dispenser. Wrong! I now have the top off can see down where the door lock is but haven't a clue how to get it open.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the full model # ? is the dispenser on the top left side of the machine ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model # XXXXX and yes the dispenser is on the top left side.
. okay great you are correct . this is the newer style Maytag and the emergency open is at the bottom of the latch assembly. heres a picture of you door latch assembly (it is on its side in the picture but the ring faces down when its in the machine) you can see the ring on the right side in the picture , well its on the bottom in the machine, just pull that ring down and the door will unlock
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Brian, I thought I found the ring like you told me but i pushed down on it and I think it fell off. Any other ideas. I'm now in tears. I have a house full of people/kids and can't get their clothes out of my washer. They're leaving today. Help, Please.......
the ring came off and the door didn't open ? are you sure it was the ring ? can you see it on the bottom of the washer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I now took the back of the washer off. I can't see anything laying in there but I don't feel anything that feels like a ring at the bottom of the thing you told me about. I wish you were here....
okay thats really strange, that is your lock assembly and the ring is supposed to be on the bottom. can you see the lock assembly from the top or the back ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I can see the lock assembly.
okay and theres no little ring on the bottom ? its not very big
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I thought there was a ring but if there was it's now broken. My son just came to my rescue. Some how he pushed down on something and got it to open. Thank God, because I'm crying like a babbling idiot. He has now removed the lock assembly. Thank you for your help. Happy Father's Day (if you're a Father).
LOL yes I am a father and thank you

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
. and a happy father's day to you also. have a great day. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is this lever? On the inside of the washer? How do I get to it?
what lever are you trying to get to ? the door lock /latch assembly ? are you trying to get it out ?