Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi Brian. You helped me a little while ago with an issue regarding

Customer Question

Hi Brian. You helped me a little while ago with an issue regarding my Maytag Stacked Gas Washer / Dryer combo. Do you still have the information for this model? There is a new problem now. It fills up with water but won't start (agetate) or spin. It just sits once it's filled. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a few minutes to type my answer and if you have questions about the answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" when I send it.

give me a few minutes to look up our original posts. Smile thanks Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay I found the model # LSG7806ABE . I think thats the machine we are talking about correct ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe so.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay so the washer fills and then does nothing? what did you end up replacing last time we worked on this? the lid switch , the fuse?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Brian... the model number you provided was for my upstairs washer/dryer which is a newer model. You provided me a quick answer on how to change the dryer drum for this model. The model I'm thinking of is an older model. Let me get the model # XXXXX be sure.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay I don't believe we had the model # XXXXX the other one did we ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry again. You are correct. That is the right model.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay so the one above ( LSG7806ABE) is the correct model # ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. that's correct. Sorry for the confusion.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
No problem. the issue is most likely the fuse in the front behind the front panel. remove the two screws at the bottom of the panel and take the panel off. unplug the machine. on the left side of the machine theres is a fuse. its # XXXXX on this diagram. check that fuse. you can get one at lowes. I believe thats your issue. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI Brian, I took out the fuse. I can see a very thin filiment... so it looks like it isn't blown. Should I get a replacement anyways? And to answer for previous question, your are correct. It fills with water but doesn't turn.
Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes I would try replacing the fuse and if that doesn't work the lid switch assembly needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI Brian. So I replaced the fuse, checked the latch assembly (it seems to work as water fills when the lids closed). Any other suggestions I can try?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
how did you check the latch assembly.Did you use a volt meter and check the switches ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian. No I didn't. I figured the latch assemby hgas either a 'on' or 'off' function. Since is turns the water 'on' I figured it worked. Is this incorrect? I can always order a new latch assembly if you think this is the problem. Do you have a model number for the assembly? Thanks

Trevor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
kijfcccytyrcfhs,z'PDYVKOCFU
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay Trevor. well the thing is some of these machines will fill with water even though the lid switch is bad, its a safety so no one gets there hand (like children) in the washer while it agitating or spinning. these will usually fill though. its like when you open the lid while its spinning it stops, thats the safety part of it.

I was just looking at this again.this is a stackable ? I'm still a little confused about the model. if this is a stackable take the front panel off the washer (two screws) and check the fuse # XXXXX on this diagram.see if its blown. that may be the issue.let me know thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian

Based on your first suggestion I replaced the fuse. It didn't make a difference. Is the assembly latch something I can replace myself (or are there complex electronics involved)? I have no problem taking apart the machine to get at the assembly. Just hoping this is the issue.

Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
actually the lid switch assembly also has a fuse that may have blown I would check that before ordering the lid switch. its inside part # XXXXX on this diagram.check that. let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian. I've pulled the lid assembly apart. I cannot locate any fuse? I see it in the picture but there isn't one. Any thoughts.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
its inside the switch assembly you will most likely have to pull the switch to get to it. some don't have fuses i think they changed them like half year so if thats the case the switch assembly will need to be replaced.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian. Well it's fixed! There wasn't a fuse that I could see. I pulled everything apart. I was thinking of ordering #5 and #17. Either way I put it back together. It didn't work until I slammed the lid? If I'm gentle it doesn't work but if I use a bit of force it works. Either way I'll have to replace it soon. Rather than get a whole assembly ($80) do you think it's # XXXXX or #17 on your diagram.

Thanks for your help either way. It got the job done.

Please let me know which part it may be?

Trevor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian. Well it's fixed! There wasn't a fuse that I could see. I pulled everything apart. I was thinking of ordering #5 and #17. Either way I put it back together. It didn't work until I slammed the lid? If I'm gentle it doesn't work but if I use a bit of force it works. Either way I'll have to replace it soon. Rather than get a whole assembly ($80) do you think it's # 5 or #17 on your diagram.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I would say # 5 is most likely the cause for that, it takes more pressure to engage # 5 than # 17, thats a guess however.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
these are $11.90 and the micro switch is .

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
$15.00 these may be a different color but work the same. heres a link to all the switches for the washers. http://www.repairclinic.com/Maytag-Washing-Machine-Switch-Parts?s=b4a11c35e&gclid=CLq1m5mI9K4CFYqc7QodcmaLLw I wish I could be certain but unfortunately thats tough from where I am.

Register Here
. there are tests for the switches there also. thanks Bryan