Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Whirlpool top loader washer, grinding noise while agitating,

Whirlpool top loader washer, grinding noise while agitating, agitator seems to move almost freely when moved by had. Pump will not pump water, I took off hoses impeller turns
whirlpool lsq9110lw0
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

okay the pump is mounted directly to the front of the motor on this unit. is the motor no running in drain ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Update: it does drain, (i forgot to shut the lid) but the grinding noise gets even louder when it is draining

okay great! your problem is the direct drive coupling has broken.this is a fairly easy fix and you can do it yourself. Smile. this is the drive coupling .heres the good news. if you click the link below it will take you where you can order this and theres a video on how to replace it there also.

heres the link. just click on the blue link.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Coupling/285753A/1195967?modelNumber=LSQ9110LW0#repairHelpVideoTabs

this will take care of your issue for around . $12.00. thanks and very best wishes , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I took it apart and you were spot on, the drive coupling just fell apart. Thanks!
your very welcome

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
good job ! thanks and have a great day ! Bryan