Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Thermadoe Pro series purchased this year Feb has an error code

Thermadoe Pro series purchased this year Feb has an error code on the oven: Error: cooling fan. What does this mean? Can I continue to run the oven? What damage will occur?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a few minutes to type my answer and if you have questions about the answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" when I send it.

Do you have the model # ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can get that. Hold please.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PRG366JG/01
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay this unit is new ? brand new in Feb. ? I'm having trouble bringing up the model.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes purchased in February it is the Professional Pro Grand Gas Range PRG366JG/01 is the number on the inside of the door.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes actually the model is correct but because this is new they haven't put all the parts and diagrams out for it yet, I can tell you its an issue with the cooling fan in the control and if you run the oven without the cooling fan running it will damage the control from overheating. its either the thermostat that turns the fan on or the fan itself has failed, the good news is the should have a year warranty on the electronics. I would suggest not using the oven until you get it serviced, this can also be a fire hazard. either way I would not use the oven until you get it serviced. wish I could do more, Sorry. hope this helps though. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a fan running and the tempurature is not raising above what its set on. Is it possible this is a message that might go away if the oven were unplugged and reset? Or do you still think it will over heat and ruin the controls?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
is the fan in the control running or are you talking about the one inside the oven running ? if its the one inside thats not the cooling fan. thats the convection fan. you can try unplugging the unit and see if it resets but if it doesn't i wouldn't run this. it also sounds like theres a problem with the thermostat if this is not heating correctly. I would definitely get it service as quick as possible. thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.