Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a maytag HE washing machine and it keeps stopping and

I have a maytag HE washing machine and it keeps stopping and a H, then F comes on and it stops. I can push stop and then start from there, but doing this every couple of minutes. Any thoughts? Is there a way to restart the machine or something?

It is built into cabinets of course too.

Also, the light in my dryer is out too - not that it really matters, but is there an easy way to solve that?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning Smile. Can you get me the full model number so I can better assist you ? thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I looked, where do I find that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I didn't buy it, it came with the house. It is about 5 years old - HE

look inside the door for a model # XXXXX . it should be there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay heres what the error means.

the first thing you want to do is clean your pump trap . I will get you the diagrams and explain how to do that in a few minutes. need to pull up the info. thanks for your patients. be back shortly.

No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected.

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.

If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

this is what your pump looks like . click this blue link and it will take you to a video on how to replace the pump. you wont really need to replace the pump but the video shows you how to get to it. when you get the front lower panel off get some towels and unscrew the pump trap and pull it out to clean it. most of the time on these the trap is clogged and needs to be cleaned. clean it and try the machine again. if it doesn't run still your water pressure switch is bad.this is located under the top in the back right corner. heres the link to the video. try cleaning the pump trap first. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where is the pump? This honestly sounds more complicated than I thought. I may need to have someone just come out and service it.

how do I find a maytag expert in my 29401 area?

Did you see the 2nd part about the light bulb in dryer? is that easy to do?

the pump is right in the front if you remove the panel # XXXXX on this diagram. its not difficult to do. there are two screws on the bottom of the panel you remove to access the far as the dryer goes can you get me that model # ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay , the light is number 33 on this diagram. there bis a screw holding the light cover on. this is the bulb. it just screws in. you can get this at any lowes. just bring the old one with you. its a 10-watt lamp, are you going to try the washer repair yourself ? I can help you on the way while your doing it if you wish. just let me know. thanks and very best wishes, Bryan