Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool calypso washer model GVW9959KQ2 and it wont

I have a whirlpool calypso washer model GVW9959KQ2 and it won't power up. I have checked the incoming power supply and it is good 122 volts. I have checked incoming and outgoing power at the electrical line filter and power is good. I have 122 volts at terminals 2 and 4 on plug p16 and that is as far as the troubleshooting guide takes me. I purchased and installed a new control board and plugged the unit in and it still will not power up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the control wont respond ? is this what you replaced ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, this is the board I replaced
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay. you get no response from the control when you press a button ? no beep or anything from the keys ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
correct, there is nothing
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay well the only thing between the main control (what you replaced) is the user interface.this is the problem. did someone tell you to replace the control board ? how did you come to that conclusion ? unfortunately the Touch pad and Control Panel (interface) is most likely the you want a link to that part ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The troubleshooting guide is what I have been working from. It never mentions the touch pad interface. Yes, I would like the link please
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay. so you went by the troubleshooting guide and it said the control board was bad ?anyway. heres the link to the interface. let me know what you did for troubleshooting . thanks Bryan