Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Whirlpool oven clock display and the self-cleaning oven

My Whirlpool oven clock display and the self-cleaning oven feature are not working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is the display totally dead? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model Number GR448LXPT

Serial Number RR4511678

Some info is displayed. For example, right now it shows "LOC" with a little lock symbol. If I punch the "TIME" button, the time shows temporarily but it fades away immediately. The little question "start?" appears but disappears when I push any other button. The "Timer" function works.

Right now, with it stuck in the "LOC" position, it will not turn on the oven for bake or broil.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Press and hold the button in the upper LH corner of the panel next to the Auto Clean button that has a padlock on it. Will the "LOC" go away then and operation restore?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, after holding it down for 15 seconds or so, it cleared the display. I then tried the self cleaning button and it showed the appropriate display.

However, when I pressed the TIME button, the current time shows on the display with the question "Start"?. If I press START, then the display goes blank again.

I will try the self cleaning function tomorrow morning to make sure that it actually works.

Any ideas about the TIME?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
To Set Clock:

Before setting, make sure the oven and Timer are off.

1. Press CLOCK.

2. Depending on your model, press the HR or MIN or TIME/
TEMP “up” or “down” arrow pads to set the time of day,
including a.m. or p.m.

3. Press CLOCK.

Let me know if you need further assistance, nice job!

Rating me will NOT close this question! Once you offer your feedback rating, you may still refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Please let me know how I can earn your highest rating, thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The Owner's Manual is available below, if you need it!

Owner's Manual <----- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OWNER'S MANUAL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The clock still does not work. I tried to select different times but whenever I press "START" the display disappears.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
To finish programming the clock, you don't press "Start" but "Clock." If it still won't program you may need to replace the control assembly, available at the link below. If you need help installing it, I am happy to provide that as well.

The link below is to the part you will need from a company with the best return policy in the industry. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!

Control <------ CLICK HERE FOR THE CONTROL

**Negative feedback greatly affects my ratings. If you need additional help or information, I am here to help! Please reconsider your negative rating and remember, you can post back at any time for additional help until your range is fixed, at no additional charge!
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!