Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Sharp Convection Microwave has stopped turning. Ive tried

My Sharp Convection Microwave has stopped turning. I've tried all the suggstions in the manual. Is there anything I can do short of bring it in for service?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good evening. Are you saying the turntable stopped turning ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, it is not turning
okay, can you open the door and look inside on the side wall for the model number tag and get me the model number ? thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model 930AW-P
How old is this microwave ? is that the full model # ? I hate to ask but that model # XXXXX't coming up.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Try this R-930AW-P. It was manufactured in Jan 2007
okay thats it ! well actually your turntable motor is the issue. these are fairly easy to change and you could do this yourself. the turntable motor is part # XXXXX on this diagram. all you have to do is unplug the microwave and drop the panel # XXXXX and its right there. do you want a link to order the part ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok send me the link. And thanks for the help.

*****

Five stars.

Herb Fox

link to the turntable motor . http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Turn-Table-Motor/RMOTDA222WRE0/1914218?modelNumber=R-930AW thanks and if you need more help just ask ! Smile have a great weekend, Bryan

P.S once you get the bottom down theres just two screws and the plug to change this .

Did you get my last reply? the site is having problems and I want to make sure you received the info.if so please use the rating system to rate my help. 3 stars or above is a good rating.thanks ,Bryan