Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Top freezer works fine, blower motor works fine, refrigirator

Customer Question

Top freezer works fine, blower motor works fine, refrigirator below not cooling, model A4TXNWFWW01
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good Morning, can you open the freezer and check the back wall and see if theres any frost on it at all ? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
so theres no frost what so ever on the panel inside the freezer. reach inside the fresh food section in the very middle back is there any air flowing through the vent from the freezer ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Alright. theres something blocking the airflow to the fresh food section. do you have the tools to take the back panel off inside the freezer section ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay open the freezer and remove all the food and shelves. remove the back panel and check for frost or ice down in the vent holes, the vent holes go straight down into the fresh food section. check for blockage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yep their blocked
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay you need to defrost them with a hair dryer until their clear and the air flows between the freezer and refrigerator. this will take care of the issue. these block up sometimes especially if the door was left open at all for a period of time. hope this helps, thanks and good job, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thats Bryan, guys like you make the world go around.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
No Problem. Thanks for using this service, have a great day Smile Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Just checking back with you. Did you get the vents cleared and is it cooling now ? I see you didn't accept my answer so if you need more help please let me know. thanks ,Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes Byran it works fine, cools my beer just right and thank you again .Ray
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome Ray Smile please rate me by choosing one of the stars at the bottom of the page. 3 and above is a good rating. I hope I've earned one above 3 ! LOL thanks again, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Did you get my last reply? the site is having problems and I want to make sure you received the info.if so please use the rating system to rate my help. 3 stars or above is a good rating.thanks ,Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yES, THANK YOU, GAVE YOU A 5 STAR,Ray
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
thank you so much Ray. have a great day.Smile Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have given you a 5 star rating a couple of times now, seems the company pays no attention. Ray
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Ray, they are having a site wide problem. it went through, I'll still be here to help you if you need it at no additional charge so feel free to come back if you need me

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
well wishes , Bryan