Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Brown liquid is leaking from below my ice and water dispenser

Customer Question

Brown liquid is leaking from below my ice and water dispenser on my frigidaire by electrolux side by side refrigerator. The water and ice are fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
, Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you ? Thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry but I do not have the model number available. The refer is at my sons house. The refer is about 3 years old and it's a frigidaire by electrolux.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay this makes it a lot more difficult,there are so many different types of dispensers and I can be sure where to start with yours.do you think you can get that to me later ? I really need to look at the diagrams to see what may be causing your issue. my thoughts are it the solenoid thats rusted and this can cause that issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll send the model number to you later.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Ok, thanks talk to you later then . Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan,

I do have that model number now. Frigidaire GLRS237ZCW2
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay give me a few minutes to look it up, thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
What you need to do is take the dispenser apart. remove the screws holding # 4 on the diagram and you should be able to see at least where the brown liquid is comming from, most likely something in the dispenser is rusted and the moisture is causing a liquid to drip, can you do that?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I can do that.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay great! let me know what you find, pay particular attention to the screws that hold the switches in. these sometimes rust. thanks . Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I won't be able to look at it until later. I have to go over to my sons house. I'll let you know later how it goes.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay thats fine, thanks and talk later. Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Removing the panel helped me identify the problem. Water that collected under the shelf had rusted the screws and the rust water is what was flowing out. I replaced the screws with aluminum ones and instructed my son that he needs to remove the shelf and wipe away any collected water.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Thats what I thought was going on. these screws rust and cause that issue. I hope I helped at least. Please rate me by choosing one of the stars for rating. 3 stars and above are a good rating. I hope I've at least earned one of them

Register Here
, if you need more assistance please ask. thanks , Bryan.

P.S. Happy Fathers Day !

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Did you get my last reply? the site is having problems and I want to make sure you received the info.if so please use the rating system to rate my help. 3 stars or above is a good rating.thanks ,Bryan