Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Magic Chef model 6498VVV gas range. The display LEDs

I have a Magic Chef model 6498VVV gas range. The display LEDs go on and off although the control unit seems to work fine. If I tap the display it will come back on. Can I do anything to fix this myself ? open it up and spray with contact cleaner ? I have an estimate to replace the display for $325. The stove is 15 years old and it doesn't seem smart to spend that much money on it. Also can you tell me what the highest BTU burner on this stove is ? Thank you so much !!!!

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

well its possible there is a bad connection on the board and you could try checking that.

there are three plugs on the control. try pulling them and replugging and see if that works. you can try contact cleaner but these plugs usually don't get dirty like that. the white connector spots are where the plugs go. sears sells the whole control for $211.00 at this link. you could replace it yourself if you wish.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Bryan, thanks for this quick reply. I also asked about the max BTU of the stove top burners, would you be able to provide that information ? Thank you.

sorry. I cant bring up the manual for this so I cant tell you that, this is to old for me to bring up. sorry.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just curious, would the replacement burner parts indicate BTU level ?

Not that I can see. I'm having some internet problems so everything is running at a snails pace. I'll try and look up that info for you.