Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Filled but will not drain or come on. No activation of pump

Customer Question

Filled but will not drain or come on. No activation of pump or agitation motor.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model # ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
DU945PWPT2
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay got it. so you started this and it filled with water then just sat there and didn't do anything else ?never started to wash?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ran for a couple of minutes and then stopped.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
alright, when you try to restart it does it just click or does it do nothing at all ?no noise at all? sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure I understand whats going on.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have repeatedly tried opening and closing the door, pressing several program combinations and pressing start and/or cancel(drain) and nothing further has happened after the initial attempt of the washer coming on and stopping for no apparent reason. The lights on the selected buttons stay on but no action or timer sequences are heard either.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay thats not good , the main control board is the issue if you cant get this to start or drain at all. the clicking you heard at first was the relay on the board. try shutting the power off for five minutes at the breaker. if that doesn't work order and replace the control board in the door. heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10039780/1202519?modelNumber=DU945PWPT2 just take the screws out around the inside of the door and lift the panel up. its located near the top of the door. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Momma is not happy. She has a bunch of dirty dishes and doesn't want to pay. What does the part cost and where do I get it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
You can order this on line if you wish for $79.52 at this blue link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/W10039780/0022/665?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=W10039780 or try a local appliance part company. the part # XXXXX W10039780 . I wish I had better news, sorry, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan, something strange just happened. The motor briefly ( about 1 second) sprayed water and then stopped.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay thats kinda strange, what did you do that made the motor start ? just tried it again ? how mechanical are you ? do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I'm a nurse, so assessment is my only strength. I turned off the breaker, waited 5 min., turned it back on and then after our last response, left it on and waited for something. That's when my wife said she heard it making occasionally clicking sounds while in the wash program, Normal, but it only made the sound for a second.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
alright, do you have any tools to take the spray arm assembly off and possibly get to the pump assembly to see if theres something jamming the pump ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, where do I start?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay the first step is to get the spray arm assembly out of the way. this video shows you how to do that. click here. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Food-Chopper-Assembly/8268383/830886#repairHelpVideoTabs watch the video and get the spray arm off. then remove all the screws around the pump assembly , watch how it goes so you'll remember. the video is for a different pump but your spray arm comes off the same thats why I gave that to you. once you get the pump assembly apart make sure theres no obstructions and turn the motor by hand to see if it turns freely. I have to step out for a bit but will be back shortly. let me know how you do. heres a diagram of the pump assembly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Went ahead and called in the experts. Will have sears come out next Thursday to repair. Wife didn't agree to replacement and I don't have the tools to take your recommendations. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your very welcome. sorry this turned out to be difficult, sometimes they are unfortunately.have a great night and thanks , Bryan