Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a dual fuel oven/range with downdraft where the toggle

Customer Question

I have a dual fuel oven/range with downdraft where the toggle button for the fan is on the top surface of the range. I have in weeks past, set something hot on the plastic button and melted it, making it really unusable, but the fan would go on with the left two burners. Now the button has fallen irretrievably down into the fan top of the range and the fan is on continuously. The whole oven/range is otherwise working well. Can I get a new part to replace the broken fan button?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model # ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model # SEG 196
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay great ! yes the switch is available. (most of these are not) you can order it @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/12200039/0022/464&pathTaken=partSearch&blt=14&prst=0&shdPart=12200039 you will need to shut the breaker off and open the control area to replace this. when you go to replace it make sure you take one wire off at a time and put it on the new switch. its always good to take a picture of the switch still hooked up just in can the wires come off . thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
to remove the switch take the screw out marked # 5 on this diagram and lift the Escutcheon # 24 up.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here