Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a miele platinum dishwasher in the new home we just

I have a miele platinum dishwasher in the new home we just moved into. It has not been run for a while. The lights go on, and it appears to want to cycle, but it doesnt. there is standing water in the bottom, and it appears to be unable to drain.Is there a quick solution.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, can you hear the drain pump run ? how much water is in the bottom ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I tried to run it just now, the water drained, the lights came on, but nothing is happening. It is not rinsing, etc
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay so no water is going in ? check under the sink and make sure the water is turned on fully. if so your fill valve is bad in the machine and needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thats likely the case, as valve is on.
can you reccommend a local repair service?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Where are you located? what is your zip code ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
60607. chicago
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay , you will need to contact Miele service and set up a service appointment. heres the link. or you can call toll-free number(NNN) NNN-NNNN they will set up an authorized servicer for you. you want to speak with them . make sure you get authorized Miele service. thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
heres a direct link to a servicer in your area. hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this service was worth about $10