Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I mistakenly put the microwave on for 35 min instead of the

I mistakenly put the microwave on for 35 min instead of the timer and it was empty. Now it won't work. The power came back after 20 minutes but none of the keypad functions will work. I unplugged it for a couple of minutes then replugged it but it still wont respond. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have a model # ? the control lights up ?(the clock)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The control window lights up and asks me to put in the time but none of the keypad instructions work. Nothing happens when I push clock.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
so you get no beep and no response for the key pad at all ? when you press a button theres no beep noise ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That is correct. It is an 'over the stove' mount. Is there a reset button somewhere - I couldn't find one anywhere!
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

unfortunately theres no reset on these. on this microwave the smart board is most likely the issue. if these overheat they fail. it will need to be ordered and replaced. you can order this at the link below. this is right behind the touch pad.

control-- best wishes and thanks, Bryan